WHAT YOU NEED
SUNSHINE FARMS SWEET, REGULAR OR ZESTY Sandwich sliced dill pickles (about 12 slices)
1-2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
Oil for frying (canola or vegetable)
For the batter:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dill (optional)
- Preheat oil to 360-370°F.
- Combine all batter ingredients and stir until smooth, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Dab Sunshine Farms pickle slices on paper towels to dry them. Place about ½ cup of Panko bread crumbs in a bowl (add more as needed). (If they get wet, they don’t stick so it’s best to work in small batches.)
- Dip each pickle slice in the wet batter and then gently toss in the bread crumbs, let sit for a minute or so, this will allow the crumbs to stick better.
- Fry in small batches for 3-4 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Serve with ranch dip, or any of your favourite dips!!!