WHAT YOU NEED
1 ½ pounds asparagus trimmed and washed
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
2 ¼ cups chicken broth (not low sodium)
salt & black pepper to taste
½ cup heavy cream or to taste
½ teaspoon lemon juice fresh
Parmesan cheese for serving optional
- Cut asparagus into ½” pieces.
2. Cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender.
3. Add asparagus and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Stir in broth, salt & pepper.
5. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is softened.
6. Using a hand blender or regular blender, puree soup until smooth.
7. Stir in cream and lemon juice.
8. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.